To be considered for admission in to the Teacher Preparation Program, all students must:
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Have completed at least 70 credit hours toward their degree
- Have taken EDUS 301 or TEDU 101, or approved course transferred from another institution
- Have submitted all official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Have a Passing PRAXIS I composite score (Math, Reading, and Writing), a high enough SAT or ACT composite score, or have a passing VCLA and PRAXIS I Math or SAT Math score (MINIMUM PASSING SCORES LISTED BELOW)
- Have turned in a completed Teacher Prep Application before the deadline.
PRAXIS I minimum passing scores:
SAT minimum passing scores:
Taken before April 1995
Composite (Reading + Math): 1000
Taken after April 1995
Composite (Reading + Math): 1100
ACT minimum passing scores:
Taken before April 1995: Composite score of 21, with Math no less than 21, and an English Plus Reading score no less than 37.
Taken after April 1995: Composite score of 24, with Math no less than 22, and ACT English Plus Reading score no less than 46.
VCLA minimum passing scores: